Saturday, April 15, 2006

Check this out!


"Treasures Of Aht Urgan" is just around the corner!

I think it's pretty safe to say that nearly everyone here is very excited about the upcoming expansion pack, "Treasures of Aht Urhgan."

New jobs, new missions, new quests, new worlds, and many new ways to play FINAL FANTASY XI are only a little over a week away for the entire world of FFXI players to enjoy.

That being said, I think it's safe to say that history lends itself to the fact that there will be both PlayOnline and FINAL FANTASY XI server issues in the near future. It happened with the initial Japanese release of Rise of the Zilart, and it happened with the worldwide release of Chains of Promathia. When Square Enix releases an expansion, there tends to be a lot of maintenence, both scheduled and emergency. In my opinion, the only time that there are more server outages are when SE performs complete maintenence of all servers, in which they transition between each server for a period of over a month.

With the idea of a healthy (or unhealthy?) number of login issues on the horizon, I'd like to say on behalf of the moderation team that we'll be extra strict with thread-posting on the matter. We'll all wanna get back to adventuring in Aht Urhgan too!

Whenever there are login issues on the server side, the PlayOnline team always posts information on the official website, and even with emergency maintenence, they usually give a considerable amount of warning. Please check the official PlayOnline website before posting any threads about being unable to login to PlayOnline or FINAL FANTASY XI, and by all means do not post any complaint or rant threads about the downtime. We've heard it for the last 4 years. I'm sure the moderation team supports my fervor, but I will make it my duty to close any such threads as soon as humanly possible. Please go to Allakhazam or KI if you want to have those discussions, as I'm sure there'll be plenty. We have a wonderful moderation team and I'd like to keep the boards free of such discussion.

With that, I'd like to say I hope you all have a great week and a half, and make sure you pick up the expansion as soon as possible; I want to hear about everyone's great adventures in the new empire of Aht Urhgan!

1 comments:

Gwynth said...

only one more week...